Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fill My Cup, Lord!

Richard Blanshard, finding inspiration in John 4:14, wrote a song we used during Lent last year as our seasonal theme song.

Today the melody keeps playing in my mind. It's distracting me from thus morning's accounting activities -- not my favorite way to spend any morning!

I thought maybe if I wrote the lyrics I'd find my focus.

FILL MY CUP, LORD

Like the woman at the well I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy
And then I heard my Savior speaking:
"Draw from my well that never shall run dry!"

There are millions in this world who are craving
The pleasures earthly things afford;
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord!

Fill my cup, Lord, I lift it up, Lord!
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul;
Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

Yes. Fill my cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment