I'm Mad at McDonald's

McDonalds may have the best brewed iced tea in the world. I can't replicate it at home and haven't found a restaurant that matches theirs.

I love McDonald's iced tea, but only under specific circumstances.

First, I really like the 32-ounce tea for $1.00.

Second, I only like unsweetened tea.

Third, I prefer the sweatless styrofoam cup.

So. The problem.

I ordered the large unsweet tea.

I pulled up to the window and paid $1.59. The $1.00 promotion is only for 32-ounce SWEET tea or 32-ounce soda pop.

At the second window, I was handed a medium-size iced tea. "Boy!" I may have said with just a tinge of sarcasm, "I think I've been overcharged."

The next cup appearing out the service window was a 32-ounce drink. Having ordered my fair share of teas, I knew to check the sweetness factor before leaving the window. Sure enough, SWEET tea. "I ordered unsweetened tea."

The young, young man (with lots to learn about customer service) leaned out the window and said, "No, you didn't."

Thrusting my receipt gently and calmly toward the window while behaving like any mature 39-year-old woman, I said, "Yes, I most certainly did."

Guess what came out the window next?

A lovely 32-ounce unsweet tea in a styrofoam cup.

The tea dripped on my lap from a small hole in the bottom of the cup all the way to work and then dripped where I placed it on my desk.

I'm mad at McDonald's.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts