Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thermometer of Love

Back in the day, Joe and I practiced Natural Family Planning.
It was awesome. I took my temperature every morning. I could tell where I was at in my cycle every day.
We chose when we would have children. We chose when we would concieve Adam. We chose when we would concieve Jake. We chose to have boys.
Man! Was it exhilarating when we found out we were right!
I learned that my body is more amazing than I ever could have imagined. All the chemistry and biology required to make life ignites. When it does, it's a miracle.
Eventually my doctor said each pregnancy would be more difficult to bear and more physically challenging. And my confessor said that physical love is a critical and important part of marriage.
Joe made choices to protect me and our existing sons.
I believe in him and the choices he made.

1 comment:

  1. Our bodies really are amazing, yes?

    Thanks for stopping by Seedlings in Stone. :)

    ReplyDelete