Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My 10 on the Tenth



I just found a delightful new blog, Life at 7000 Feet.  As a rabid list-maker myself, the mountain girl with altitude appeals to me.  I'm making my own list of...

Ten Things that Really Annoy Me

1.  I get annoyed when people request something from me after I've already said no.  When someone makes a request, I respond thoughtfully.  Don't ask a second time.

2.  I get annoyed by socks stuffed under the cushions of the furniture, especially when that furniture is in the room adjacent to the laundry room.

3.  I get annoyed when all three dogs sit behind me in the kitchen when I'm cooking and look at me with deep, mournful longing.

4.  I get annoyed by long explanations.  Great example:  when an someone is ill, I would appreciate a notice that says, "Hi, it's so-and-so.  I'm ill today and will be back in two days."  With a few exceptions, I don't need to know anything about the illness, including gross symptoms.  I also don't need to hear a croaky voice to make the illness more believable. 

5.  I get annoyed by poor grammar and spelling, especially with the written word.  We have so many tools to prevent poor writing -- even though I cannot find those tools in blogger anymore.  I usually spot my errors as soon as I publish.

6.  I get annoyed by people who insult each other during heated discussions even when an opponent is stooooooopid.

7.  I get annoyed when I've finished 38 out of 40 things on my list, and someone comes and asks me for the 39th.

8.  I get annoyed by people who refuse to take responsibility for mistakes.  "It's not my fault" has to be one of the most ridiculous phrases in the language.

9.  I get annoyed when a person refuses to make the effort to learn a new task or complete a challenging project.

10.  I get annoyed when my cupboards, drawers, closets, cabinets, or anything that closes (think car trunks and storage boxes) are disordered.  I'd rather everything be left on the floor or counter than stored sloppily.

That was a little more difficult than I thought.  My husband always tells me I'm not much of a complainer.  He might be correct.

4 comments:

  1. SO glad you joined in this month, Kari!

    So...my beagle has #3 down really well.

    I also hate longer than necessary explanations.

    #5 gets to me also.

    But that last one? Well, I'd rather observe the appearance of order, so if that means that my cupboards are a wreck, but my counter is clean then I'm a happy girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Enjoyed your site and plan to spend time there.

    I'm guessing you are John/Dirty Shame's spouse. True?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I don’t like the word hate
    2. I don’t like threats
    3. I don’t like losing
    4. I don’t like people telling me, "I don’t get paid enough to do that"
    5. I don’t like people hearing me say something and then going to another person to get another answer
    6. I don’t like watching baseball
    7. I don’t like messes
    8. I don’t like emails in my "In box"
    9. I don’t like junk mail in my "In box"
    10. I don’t like the same thing day after day after day, I love my work!

    I’m a bigger complainer. I could have come up with 100.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, #1 really resonates with me, Kari. And, I'm not as tidy as you, but surprisingly, the sock thing annoys me, too.

    ReplyDelete