Friday, November 6, 2009

Swing........... And a miss..............

Joe's team lost today.  Had they won they'd be playing tomorrow.

I'm not sure whether to be glad or sad.

Win.  We're at a stadium most of the day, jockeying car rides to the airport.

Loss.  We do what we want when we want and take people to the airport at random times.

I know Joe -- and the team -- choose the win every time.

Sometimes I don't.

Today was a "Swing... And a miss" day.  Nothing happened in their favor.

And yet.

They played every pitch like it was valuable.

They supported each player even when he struggled.

They smiled at the fans who were less than die hards.

I LOVE the guys Joe plays with.

There's Rick.  Friend.

There's Tim.  Manager. 

There's Terry.  Widower.

There's Jeff.  Married to a Really Nice Girl.

There's Doc.  Batter When It Matters.

There's Marshall.  Energizer Bunny.

Etc.

They are each special men.  I'm sorry they lost today.  And I'm not.

Tomorrow Joe and I get One Entire Day in Paradise to spend whatever way we like.  Yay us.

No comments:

Post a Comment