Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful for These 13 Things

Tonight I am in list mode and I am thankful.  I'm thankful for thirteen things.  Thirteen is my lucky number; both of my sons were born on the 13th -- one in November (91) and one in February (95). 

1.  I'm thankful Adam made it through surgery and will recover.  I'm hoping I'll be thankful next week that he's no longer on the pain medicine.

2.  I'm thankful Jakob is doing what he loves every single day.  Every.  Single.  Day.

3.  I'm thankful Mari is staying with us until a little after Christmas and that she is only moving from here to the homes of two of my best friends in the world.

4.  I'm thankful for Haleigh, who is the epitomy of courage for me.

5.  I'm thankful for each person who was at our home on Thanksgiving.  They are beloved.

6.  I'm thankful for my dad who is the greatest teacher who ever walked the face of the earth.

7.  I'm thankful for my husband's parents.  They are the most welcoming, loving, faith-filled people I have ever met and they love me.

8.  I'm thankful for money in the bank at a time when people are losing their jobs and their homes.

9.  I'm thankful for my Church family because they are God-blessed and Spirit-filled.

10.  I'm thankful for health -- every person in my immediate circle is blessed with health.  That's precious.

11. I'm thankful for the people I don't even know who bear good wishes and glad tidings for members of my family.  Each person has touched so many others and those others have blessed us. 

12. I'm thankful for the strength, courgage, and wisdom I take from my relationship with the Lord every day.

13.  I'm thankful for my marriage and where I am in relationship with my husband today.  We don't always walk the same path, but we look for each other every moment of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment