Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Greatest Gift

While accompanying Kids' Choir tonight, I saw the siblings whose mother gave me a special gift during the holidays.

The wrapped gift was beautiful, an angel I'll keep for years to come and a gift card for a local coffee shop.  It was the attached card that moved me.

The kids' mother wrote:

For many years now you've played the piano for the teens' choir and the children's choir.  You've led faith formation classes.  You've taught gifted and talented programs at the school.  You've had an impact you cannot image on five of our children.  Yes, we all know that it takes a village to raise a child.  Let us just say how thankful we are that you're part of our village.

In the coming years when I unwrap that beautiful angel, I will think of those words and how even the smallest things we do impact those around us.  We might never know what our legacy is without glimpses of it from the people around us.

I'm resolved to do my best to give others the greatest gift, the gift of sharing with them their positive impact in my family's life.

............

Two other thoughts to end the day:

A lie has speed, but truth has endurance. (Edgar J. Mohn)
The truth is more important than the facts.  (Frank Lloyd Wright)

No comments:

Post a Comment