Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's a Football Kinda Thing

Football season at our house is nuts.

All three males in my house love the sport - well, love ANY sport.  If they were girls, they'd always have "I <3 sports" as their profile post.

Yet they all watch the sport in their own peculiar ways.

Joe.

Joe's the laundry king at my house.  He watches sports while folding clothes.  In my history I was a sport fanatic.  A Viking fan.  I couldn't do ANYTHING while the game was occurring.  Joe can.  He's calm.  He's cool.  He's folding.

Adam.

Adam's a renaissance man.  He watches some sport, eats some food, pops into the kitchen to discuss literature with me, and then goes back to watching sport.  He loves talent wherever it appears, even when it's the opponent he hopes will lose the game.  "Ya gotta admit that was a good _____ (substitute pass, catch, kick, basket, goal, whatever)."  Adam loves to watch talented people do their thing.

Jakob.

Jakob's a fanatic.  He LOVES the Vikings, Twins, Wild AND Timberwolves because they live in the same state he does.  He can do statistics in his head (and he thinks he's bad at math).  His only longing is to play with one of the teams he loves, and if he can't, he hopes to play with a team that regularly defeats his favorite teams.  He's pragmatic like his mother. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment