Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Knights

I once participated in a Feminist Philosophy course.  The premise was that women are amazing and don't need men to achieve.

I disagree.

I have the most amazing men in my life.

My dad, the first man I knew and the man who has informed every other male relationship in my life, was not perfect.  He is fun, though.  And generous.  Loving and kind.  Smart. 

Scott was second.  I loved my baby brother beyond reason.  He was beautiful, the perfect baby.  My sister and I spoiled him and loved him and teased him and laughed at him.  I suppose we bear conspicuity for what he became, but I'm not sorry.  We loved him the best way we could.  We still do.  We're sad when we think he doesn't have a place to rest his head at night or a dresser drawer to call his own.  He made choices and we all live with those choices.

I had more guy friends than girl friends throughout the teen years. 

Yeah.  Think about it.  Easier!

Joe came next.  I loved him first because he loved me.  I loved him second because his family lived values I wanted in my life.  I love him third because he is worthy of love.  I wouldn't trade him for any other man on earth and I know he wouldn't trade me. 

My boys came next.  I never expected to bear boys.  Didn't.  I just assumed I would have girls.  My mom did. 

Ha. God knew what He was doing.

Now I have a select group of male friends. Good friends.  Best friends.  Friends I wouldn't compromise and who wouldn't compromise me.  They are good husbands or fathers or businessmen or supporters.  They are not separate from my husband; they love him too.

I haven't ever and probably won't ever talk about them again.

I just love them. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment