Monday, March 22, 2010

The Great Adventure

Tonight is the 18th class of my 24-week bible study, Jeff Cavin's The Great Adventure.  I have learned to much and made some new friends.

What I love best about the Adventure is what I've been able to share with my teens in my ninth grade faith formation class that meets Wednesday nights.

Last week we had a great discussion.  They shared with me things they've learned this year.  I kept a chart. 



We have a few "sections" of salvation history left to discuss - things like, "Why were there no great kings uniting Israel after Solomon?" and "Who lived in the Northern Kingdom?"  "Southern Kingdom?"  and "Who were the prophets?"

Right now, my teens know an awful lot about their history.  They really love the stories... stories about Cain and Abel, Abraham taking Isaac to sacrifice, Noah and his sons, Rahab the prostitute, Jezebel and the dogs.  David fascinates them (he sent his best friend to war over a woman?).  Solomon disgusts them (who wants 1,000 wives/concubines?).  They'd love to see Solomon's Temple - and then his palace.

They know characters and stories and facts.

In the very few hours I have left with them, we need to inspire them to enter INTO their story.  The only way they can fully enter into their story is through Jesus Christ.

I'm a seed planter, praying for God to send me the seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment