Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Being the "Here I Am, Deal With Me" Guy

A long time ago I had a "problem" with a friend/associate.

She was my daycare provider and it was the first day of school.  I left my kids at her house WAY too long and she was mad. 

I called her and said something like "ya know, I just trusted that my children were with their second mom while others were lost on their buses" and was surprised that she was annoyed.

I should have respected her. I didn't.  She was mad.  But even when she was mad, she was a good "mother" to my sons. 

She should have been mad for many, many reasons, primarily my not respecting her family time. 

That we remain friends to this day she attributes to me facing the problem head-on, directly.  She has told me many times how grateful she is and how much she's learned from my direct approach. 

Long story short?  All the kids were where they were supposed to be and I was thankful.

On the personal level?

We worked through it because we confronted it directly. 

We can all learn a lesson from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment