Wednesday, June 23, 2010

All the Wisdom in the World

Seems like I often come across exactly the right word or passage or quote or person when I most need exactly what's being offered.

Today, G.K. Chesterson popped in my line of sight:  “Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair.”

I am having a love affair with my faith.  Just like in any love affair there are high moments and low.  I'm stunningly passionate about and protective of my beloved.  Every day I come to a greater intimacy and knowledge of my beloved.  I want to share the best things about my beloved with the rest of my beloveds.

And yet not everyone is on the same journey. 

During the weekends I sit at the piano bench, I can see the faces of hundreds of people I know and have known for years.  After all, this has been my home parish since 1969.  I cannot remember ever once looking at another person and thinking "you don't belong here" or "what a hypocrite."  When I'm at Mass, my sole focus is on my own relationship with the Lord, what it is I need to lay on the altar, and how I fit in this church family.

Apparently there are others there who do look and see who is taking the Eucharist and "shouldn't be" or who is sitting next to his wife when he's been having an affair or who is just there to be seen by others.

What a waste of time.
------------------

In other news...

Did anyone read about the problem with tampons?  We're putting pesticides inside our bodies?  Are you serious???

This deserves a rant and I'm too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment