Thursday, June 17, 2010

Revelation

I have a new favorite lyric.  It's from a song I first played in Buffalo at St Francis a couple weekends ago.  I brought the music to practice the next Thursday and SALT sang the song while the communion distributors were taking communion. 

My favorite line is from the third verse:  Such a marvelous mystery!  Listen to the song on youtube.  Personally, I preferred the SALT-y version.  :)

I find myself humming the phrase over and over again.  I think maybe it's the perfect summation of all that is and was and is to come
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Holy, holy is He
Sing a new song to Him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat.


Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings!
You are my everything and I will adore you.
Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your name
Jesus, your name is power, breath, and living water
Such a marvelous mystery!
The entire second verse, not printed above, is worth a listen too.  I play it over and over on my iPod.
Clothed in rainbows of living color -
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder.
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be
To you the only wise king.  Yeah!
This is a great song by Gateway Worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment