The Sure Thing

I haven't spent great amounts of time thinking about what choices are right and which ones are wrong at any time in my life.

It's not that I avoided wrongdoing; I participated in my fair share.  But even while engaging in wrongdoing, I knew it was wrong.

Yet I am finding myself floundering sometimes, wondering which choice to make and questioning my own motivation for making it.  Why does it seem the questions aren't getting more simple?

There is one sure thing, I think. 

The solution to most dilemmas have nothing to do with giving up, running away, or ignoring the people or circumstances involved.

I think that's why this verse makes so much more sense to me today than it may have when I was twenty:
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:30-31
Today's prayer: Dear Lord, give me wings like eagles and the strength to run without tiring! I could use a boost. :)

Comments

Popular Posts