Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Lion Within

So.

Facing new opportunities and challenges is something I've always embraced. 

Always. 

Honestly... shouldn't we all? 

There is no keeping things the way they always were, so we may as well shape how they become.  We can only do that if we are agents of - and open to - change.

I find that I don't mind making changes that force others to change.  In fact, I have quite the reputation for "shaking things up" for the people I employ in various tasks (my jobs, my music groups, my family, my whatever-I-do...). 

But I hesitate when it comes to my own choices, decisions, and undertakings lately. Strangely, I also know exactly why I hesitate and exactly why it's so ridiculous. 

My psyche isn't a surprise to me.

When a surprise offer came my direction, I did my own process of discernment and prayer, asking "God, is THIS what YOU want for me?" The answer seems to be in the affirmative. This IS what God has planned, and I should leap at the opportunity.

But guess what? 

The opportunity has a major hurdle. 

There've been a couple small hurdles.  I had to fill out an application.  Then write a resume.  Both activities are foreign to me.

Still, I completed those tasks as well as I could.  And they seem to have been successfully received.  (Yay!)

The next step?  An interview. 

In interviews, a person is required to sell themselves to the interviewer.

AN interviewer wouldn't be so bad.  One person looking at me.  Me looking back at him or her.  I can do that.

I found out the other day that this interview seems to be about five or seven people looking at me, at my application, at my resume... and me looking back.

Strange odds.

Still.  Inside I hear this little ROAR every time I start to sweat a little over the coming interview.  That little voice of the lion keeps pushing me forward, step by precious step. 

So.

Tomorrow I have an interview (weather-CRAZILY.IN.MID-APRIL-permitting).  If you're the praying type, please pray for me to really hear what God is saying to me. 

Then, pray that the interviewers ask the questions that get the answers so they can tell if I really am a good fit for this position. 

Finally, pray that ALL things WORK for the GOOD of those who LOVE love love the LORD.

Because in the end, they will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment