Sunday, August 25, 2013

High and Lifted Up

Three times in the last month I have left a religious service feeling high and lifted up.

The first time was at a wedding for which I was both coordinating and playing the piano.  Fr Tim officiated, and he was a complete and TOTAL delight.  Complete.  He had a twinkle in his eye.  He connected with people in the pews.  He made the bride and groom - the actual ministers of the sacrament - central.  He was awesome.  He was what the Church needs right now.

The second time was at this morning's Masses.  We had a visiting priest who really, really loves the Lord.  He was talking a language I understood AND he called me to action. Am I in a position requiring discipline or am I in a position requiring relief?  I am going to think about that for a few days.

Finally, we attended the Convocation at Jakob's school.  All I can say is that I am SOOOOOOO thankful he is where he is.  Doesn't God always put us where we belong?  Jakob is in a place where the theme of the year is "Walk in Love" from Ephesians 5:2. Yes!  Walk in Love. 

High.  And lifted up.

I have not felt so connected with the Lord for a little more than two years.  I missed it.

Thank you, Lord Jesus

Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment