Monday, August 19, 2013

The Lying Game

Sometimes we lie.

All of us.

As a musician, I've said, "Oh, I hate that song."  What I meant was, "You couldn't sing that song." 

Did I hate that song?  Yes, I did.  In that moment, with those people, it was a bad song. 

I don't think that matters.  Talent and the ability to adapt that talent is fuel for another fire.

We all lie.

I won't again.

That will get me in trouble.  It will cause me grief.  It will haunt me.

Still.

I am going to tell the truth.  Jesus did.

Even though the truth has rarely helped me.  It didn't help Jesus either. 

You know what?  Sometimes lies hurt people.  I'm the victim of that many times over.  So was Jesus.

However, when the lies are complete falsehood, I believe that taking a stand is right.  So did Jesus.

My first truth? 

Everyone lies.  

(I wish I would have known that LONG, LONG ago.)

No comments:

Post a Comment