Tuesday, September 10, 2013

All We Need Is Love....

I was talking to a very wise woman today.

She made me think really hard about some things.

The greatest revelation?

We don't need religion to get to heaven.

We need to believe that Jesus made a great sacrifice and because of that, we get to LIVE.  And that life is unending.

Read the New Testament. Tell me if I'm wrong.

"I (not a church or a priest or a building or a practice) am the Way, the Truth, and the Life."

Whoever follows, gets eternal life.

That thought was enough to get Martin Luther not only excommunicated, but nearly put to death.  Just like the apostles suffered when they first shared the Good News.

Know what else she said?

All we need to do is love.

Pretty darn simple, if you ask me. 


Blessings,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment