Wednesday, September 11, 2013

EXCITING NEWS!

So yesterday I went to visit a local pastor.  We had an amazing conversation.  I love, love, LOVE smart women in positions of authority - and who wear their authority well.

What a revelatory day.


And what a sad day.  For the past couple days, I've really been thinking about what has been taken from me.  For example, a person who was my first choir director when I was in third grade, and who I still played the piano with, is not someone I will ever work with again.  Sad.  Right?  And that's just the tip of the iceberg. 

Then today the pastor called me and gave me some interesting news.  There is a position available- in fact, the interim pastor is desperately looking for a person to fill the position - that has my name written all over it.

I can't remember the exact language, but it was something like using both traditional and contemporary music, respecting the liturgy, and playing the piano or keyboard. 

Umm. Wow. 

What this job is, is what I feel like the Holy Spirit calls me to do.  I have the most reverent and beautiful respect for the Liturgy.  I love finding music that ministers to the Liturgy.  I love all the music - contemporary, ancient, Christian, whatever.  I love the stuff that actually sings about submitting ourselves to Christ.  AND, the position includes playing the piano!!!  Woot!  Woot! Every single thing on the list of what they need is something I was denied at my last position - except the actual playing.  This will be so FUN!  Spirit filled!  God blessed!

I have an interview tomorrow at 3.  Pray that this is right.

Know what I'm thinking?  How can it not be right, not be a God thing?  I talk to the pastor, she meets with a group, someone tells her they have a need for someone like me, I call them and they want to meet?  Tomorrow?

Thank you God.  Thank you for finding a place for me.  Thank you for getting me to trust my instincts and talk to the right people.  Thank you for putting her with the right people.  Thank you for always, always blessing me, even when I feel the least deserving of your servants!

GOD BLESS!
Kari

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Good luck and I will be praying that your interview show all your heart and talent.

    ReplyDelete