I packed up my dark red and brown bedding and linens and replaced them with soft and lovely blues and yellows.
Then I found a blue curtain with soft yellows and thought it was perfect. So I put it up on the window that used to be covered with a Mexican blanket. Win!
After that I went crazy! To date I have:
- Updated and fixed my internet connection and phone.
- Blown out the sprinkler system - without being told to do so. (Weird, right?)
- Changed filters in everything I could find that had one.
- Created a word wall of affirming adjectives.
- Celebrated my new life with friends and made plans to continue doing so.
- Made new friends!!
- Changed lightbulbs - which I have not done in the twenty years I lived in this home.
- Successfully changed a broken light fixture. BOOOOYA
- Dated really fun people...
- Met someone who treats me like a princess.
- Fed my children and friends new and fabulous foods created and presented with love.
- Done laundry so efficiently that there is never any lying on the floor - unless Jake is home.
- Celebrated with my family without mourning the family that no longer exists.
- Welcomed new members to my family!
- Cleaned dog hair without sneezing for hours.
- Fed and exercised my three dogs to their healthy weights.
- Enjoyed the exuberance of my three dogs who all now believe they are puppies.
- Shared my home with a renter.
- Mowed my lawn multiple times.
- Organized lawn care and weed whipping with someone who is not only kind and caring, but also inexpensive. He's coming back in the spring!! WOOT WOOT
- Gone out with a wild and crazy friend to try new and wonderful things - think SEGWAYS!
- Created a new business that is going to more successful than anything I've ever done in the past.
- Mended fences with my father.
- Packed things for my soon-to-be ex-husband with care and love for the person I thought he was.
- Started to create an app that is REVOLUTIONARY!!!
- Scrubbed my own floors on my hands and knees.
- Taken care of the tropical fish I despise because of the expense.
- Worked on a project for my former job.
- Continued my journey of self-discovery and self-knowledge.
- Attended the most amazing meetings and classes intended for people who are struggling.
- Discovered a new way to fold towels… and just about everything else.
- Purchased the most beautiful nighties.
- Made my bed every single morning so when I walk in later I can have my "ahhhh, I love this space" moment.
- Found an agent who wants to publish my work.
- Started writing a new event for an AMAZING group of singers.
- Resumed my workout plan.
- Registered for runs… BIG ones!
- Made more new friends!!!
- Found a new relationship with Jesus.
- Written and documented everything that has happened to me successfully.
- Burned "The Chat" between my husband and the person who called me her best friend.
- Fixed almost every ugly, boy thing in my house and turned it into something creative and lovely.
- Agreed to give away everything so I can move on to my next new story.
- Have used my full, sophisticated vocabulary.
- Watched Christian movies and listened to Christian music non-stop.
- Attended the most amazing retreat weekend that changed my life.
- Created scarf central.
- Sorted and organized my jewelry and discarded the "ugh" stuff.
- Resumed playing the piano for pleasure - and no one closes a door to shut it out.
- Started watching class television.
- And… SO MUCH MORE
There really is SO much MORE!
I am not only surviving. I am thriving.
And you know? Although there are moments of surprising self-doubt and fury at the continued manipulation and attempts to control, for the most part, I am sublimely happy. I am independently managing my entire world - from my work to my home to my family to myself.
Think of it: sublimely happy. I love my work, I love my friends, I love my home, I love my children, and I love my God. And for the first time in my life, I love myself.
Let the praises ring!
PS: I will add pictures when I figure out the dumb storage thing I did. God bless technology. Or maybe.. God bless the technologically challenged.