Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Random Thursdays


No one I know is surprised when I talk about my minor OCD.  It manifests in so many little ways -- the need to have my notepads in line, pens in the cup, and pictures straight.  It's what prompts me to count things.  It's compelling; I can't deny my need for precision or stop counting.  Still, I have a sense of humor about it.

I designate each day of the week for certain tasks, whether at work, home, church, or away; whether laborious, intellectual, or spiritual.  On Thursdays I invite something random into my life.  We eat random food for dinner, attend random community or church events, and I read random passages in my love letter from God.

This Random Thursday, I turned to Romans.  Romans and I are not yet intimate, but I'm thinking we could be.  Still... Ephesians and I are pretty tight right now.

I opened to Chapter Twelve with a quiet prayer in my heart hoping to find words I most need to hear.  The letters swam before my slightly unfocused eyes, finally coming to rest on verse 9.

"Let love be sincere; hate what is evil, hold on to what is good..."

Those words are enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment