Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fish Sandwiches

This morning the teens sang at the early Mass and the kids sang at the second Mass.  I played the piano for both and I'm so glad I did.

It's not always easy to accompany kids. 

They don't understand musicspeak.  I don't always either, but I can pretend.

I sometimes detest accompanying the choirs.  Mostly when it's Wednesday and I have a crapload list of things that NEED to be done.  AND when they don't understand a rythm and I KNOW I'll have to look over my shoulder to see when they're coming in. AND when I'm not sure who will be present and who will not.

Still.

I LOVE music.  I LOVE kids.  I LOVE Catholicism.  How better to combine all three than CHOIR?

This morning the little kids sang FISH SANDWICHES.

Here's part of the song:

Fish sandwiches, what a plan was His!
Fish sandwiches for the  multitude.
Fish sandwiches, what a plan was His!
Supernatural supper for the multitude.
Our kids sang it well - better than they ever have!  They can't help moving when they sing, and so we call it liturgical dance.  They pour all they have into what they're doing.

They sing, they dance, they live. 

We can learn so much from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment