Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Graduation Chronicles

MMMMmmmmm...


I'm happy about graduation. And I'm sad about graduation.

Adam is SO SO SO ready for college. I'm SO SO SO ready for him to go to college.

And yet...

We're all so NOT ready for any of it.

ANY OF IT.

I thought we had more time. He thought we had more time. We all thought there was MORE... and to be frank, there probably IS more. But we're not ready for the END that's about to occur.

How does one prepare oneself for the separation that comes after graduation. This boy was a parasite for three years (from the first hospital visit until the end of breastfeeding), he was a social neophyte for the next two years... after that he BLOOMED! I wasn't ready then and I'm not now. The only saving grace is Adam. Adam who wants to make this easy for me. Adam who will make friends faster than water freezes. Adam who is READY for the next phase in his life.

May GOD bless him. May he know how important it is to remain connected to his home. May it all work out the way God wants it to work out.

I want to love this. I almost HATE it. I'm trying to do better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment