Monday, January 10, 2011

At the Homefront

We're home. 

The luggage is unpacked and everything is back in its place.

The house is restored to its customary tidiness.  The Christmas decorations must go, but I refuse to put them away before Epiphany.  I'm sure the boys would have helped packed them had we not returned so quickly. 

The undone business paperwork is shuffled and organized and the updated reports nearly complete.

I have yet to finish uploading and adding my pictures to my blogposts, but will take care of that in the coming days.  The seven unposted entries will appear once I have those pictures and a chance to edit the posts. 

And it's officially 2011.  Our vacation felt like a week out of time, but reality has returned.  All it takes is a glance out the window at our continuing Winter Wonderland theme to see how harsh reality can be.

Though I don't do resolutions anymore, I do have a few new things on my "to do" list for 2011.  If something is important enough to do, I can't make myself wait until January 1st or Monday morning to "start" changing it.  I just change it.  Right now, there's nothing I want to change in my life. 

Nothing I want to change.

That statementcaught me off guard even as I typed it. 

How often, I wonder, have I inhabited a moment when there was nothing I wanted to change? 

And yet, here I am.

Clearly, there are still things to do.  Things like clean my friend lists, revise some of my web presence, organize a scrapbook or two, empty a closet or six, put away Christmas decorations, paint a wall...

I can live with my list of "to dos" and this perfect, wonderful, warm contentment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment