Friday, August 9, 2013

That Worry Thing

I am prone to worry.  Actually I am prone to worry about nearly everything AND fear of disapproval.

And yet, with all that's going on, last Thursday while dining with my darling friend J, I had a moment when I recognized my worry and fear for what they were and decided to trust in God's perfect love and in God's perfect plan for me. 

What a relief! 

There's a sort on non-debatey debate online about whether or not God urges us to avoid worry 365 times in the Bible.  I don't really care about the debate.  I don't really care whether there are 365 urgings.  I don't really care about the non-debatey debate.  Still, I read a ton of articles focused on worry and on God's love letter to us (yes, the Bible).  And you know what?  I'm not going to worry again - at least for now.  If God said it once, that's enough for me. 

"Fear not.  I am with you."

Peace feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment