Sunday, January 4, 2015

On Puppy Love

So.

Luna bit Willie again.

I've been trying to find a new home for her.  She needs a place where she is the only pet in the home and will be with people more than she's not.  She's such a good dog in general - housebroken, obedient, and beautiful.  She just bites little dogs.

When I had my first pug, Yoda, she bit him during a New Year's Eve party.  Scared the beejeebies out of him, but he survived to die a different day four months later.

The puppy that came next, Guster, never stood a chance the day she bit him.  He was teeny tiny.

She bit Willie too in late October last year.  He survived that and kept his distance from her for months.

Last week she bit him again.  The wounds are underneath each of his eyes and are slightly infected.  He screams every time he loses sight of her and she suddenly appears.

She has to go.  I initially thought the only option was to put her to sleep.  However, I discovered a rescue operation that will place her with an adoptive family until she can find a home.  This organization will not euthanize her unless she bites someone again or acts somehow aggressively.

As tough as it is to lose yet another family member, I don't see any other options.

It is true that a single person who lives alone most of the time really cannot afford the time and energy it takes to care for three dogs.  Two is too many as well.  Once I find Luna her new forever home, Willie will be leaving too. 

Looks like that just leaves you and me, Chuckie boy.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment