Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Weird and the Wonderful

Last night I was finally able to go to one of Jakob's baseball games.  End of the season it may be, but there we have it.

It was fun to be back at baseball.  My son is a talented man.  And his giggles after the game refresh my spirit.  I was hoping he would rub Staci's face in his sweaty pit, but she kept a safe distance.

It was a weird night too.

For the first time, my husband was at a ball field as part of a different family with my former friend.

And you know?

I don't feel mad at them or hate them or wish them ill.  Instead, I feel a strange sort of compassion for them.  They both looked miserable.  Washed out and old.  Unhealthy.  Unhappy.  The kind of heavy that suggests they are eating the worst sort of diet.

At a time when I am stepping into the brightest future I never even dreamed of having, have they reached their pinnacle?  Has the best already happened?  Is this, then, as good as it gets for them?

If so, that's really sad.

My day surprised me in a multitude of ways.  And then something amazing happened.  It's so amazing, I can't even wrap my mind around it yet.  I'm left wondering… was God waiting for me to let go of my hurt and anger over the betrayal of my husband and the betrayal of my friend so my life could be open for even bigger and better blessings?

Dang.  Our God is most definitely an awesome God.

Peace,
Kari


No comments:

Post a Comment