Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shepherd Me

Even though I have long been able to recite this passage from memory, it still caresses me whenever I encounter it again...

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
In verdant pastures he gives me repose;
Beside restful waters he leads me;
He refreshes my soul.
He guides me in right paths
For his name's sake.
Even though I walk in the dark valley
I fear no evil; for you are at my side
With your rod and staff
That give me courage.

You spread the table before me
In the sight of my foes;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Only goodness and kindness follow me
All the days of my life;
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
For years to come.

Matt Redman wrote a great song that reminds me of this Psalm.  Listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIAdgLR1ZGw.

No comments:

Post a Comment