Friday, January 21, 2011

The Great Debate

Today I read some material on the Feminists for Life website.  I found their site randomly, while doing the "who do I know that might have pages" thing on Google.

I've been pro-life a long time.  I've been Catholic longer.  I've been a feminist all of my adult life, if adult life starts at 17.

I was not always able to articulate why being pro-life IS a feminist position.  And now I don't have to.  Feminists for Life has done it for me.

The most wondrous, beautiful, life-fulfilling thing a woman can do is nurture new life. 

Men cannot do it.  They might someday, if science has its wicked way.

But we can do it.  For some of us, it's more difficult.  For others, it's far too easy.

We can protect the sacred and dependent life within us.  We can nurture that life from its beginning dependency to its goal of independence.  We can encourage others in their own endeavor on behalf of LIFE. 

Men are different than women when it comes to child rearing.  This is not a place where I espouse annotations.  This is MY blog, full of MY opinion and truth, and I don't feel the need to annotate what I say.  If you have a problem with that, look someplace else.

Men are different than women when it comes to child rearing.  Men are different than women when it comes to governing.  Men are different than women physically.  Because of all those things, men are different than women when it comes to thinking.

Why, then, do some of us want to be like men?  Why do we seek the same achievements?  Why do we let the last 2,000 plus years of male domination inform the way we think?

Because we've endured a male-dominated society for 2,000 plus years.

And how has that worked for us?

Domestically 1.6 million women a year seek abortions as an answer to their misery.  Untold millions suffer hunger and homelessness in this land of plenty.  The gap between the have and have nots grows DAILY!  Internationally, there are people who don't have clean water.  Who don't know what it means to be at peace.  Who don't know... love.

Read these blogs.  Listen to the voices of educated women who want the best for us.  Advocate for the unborn. 

Anne Maloney's post

Tons of other stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment