Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A New Beginning!

So.

(I laugh every time I say that and write it.  It's really how I talk!)

Today Tim Stanoch of the Church of St Benedict called and formally offered me the position I applied to take about six weeks ago.

This position was created by my heavenly Father.  I just know it.  Every single thing Tim described as a job responsibility is something I love (LOVE!!!!!!!) to do.

And, strangely, the hours fit in my already really busy schedule.  I shouldn't have to miss anything in my life to make it to this new job.  How can this not be God-inspired?

The church itself is beautiful.  The energy I feel there encourages me.  The people I've met already feel like friends.

I went to the church website the other day to learn about the people.  Cliff Borgerding, the Parish Pastoral Council Chair, wrote about his recent presentations at the weekend Masses.  He was talking about volunteering at the church by participating more fully at the Mass as a Minister.  Look what he wrote:
You don't need to be an extraordinary person to serve in any of these ministries.
TRUE!

We don't need to be extraordinary.

Know why?

Because Jesus is.

We can't, won't, shouldn't top Jesus.

So no worries.

Come with me.  Serve.  Be filled with the Spirit.  Jesus will love that. 

God Bless,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment